The Online Teaching Preparation Program (OTPP) is a 6-week, fully online faculty development effort facilitated by CSUCI. The program is designed for new and experienced online instructors. Faculty are immersed in a fully online learning experience, providing valuable insight on the student experience. The OTPP curriculum is aligned with the CI Quality in Online Learning and Teaching (QOLT) rubric, adapted from the research-based CSU QOLT.
Earn a Digital Badge
- Upon completion, faculty receive a digital badge through Credly, representing their proficiency in the of design and facilitation of connected, humanized online classes. Faculty may share the badge on their professional website and social networks.
- is 6-weeks long
- is fully online
- requires about 10 hours per week
- is asynchronous with optional live, online sessions
- includes staggered due dates
- is actively facilitated
- engages faculty in a learning community throughout all stages of the program
- includes the following online course modules
- includes the development of an ePortfolio demonstrating how your online course aligns with 2 sections of the CI QOLT rubric
How do I register?
- OTPP is offered once per semester
- OTPP is a requirement for all faculty teaching in the CODEL Program
- CODEL's Instructional Designer, Lorna Gonzalez, will support new faculty with registration and completion of OTPP
What are the registration requirements?
- Any CODEL faculty may register.
- New CODEL faculty scheduled to teach in the upcoming semester receive priority.