Each student will be assigned to a faculty mentor who will serve in that capacity until the student selects a dissertation chair.
- Each member of the Graduate Group faculty shall be available to serve as a faculty mentor.
- Normally, no more than two incoming graduate students will be assigned to any one faculty member or mentor.
- Faculty mentors may be changed upon request to the Director by the student or a faculty member.
- As a student’s research interests become clearly defined, a faculty member other than the faculty mentor may assume the role of dissertation chair.
- A faculty member will be limited to chairing no more than three student dissertation committees and mentoring no more than two registered students in one cohort at one time. A faculty member can petition the Executive Committee for a waiver of this limit.